Friday, November 21, 2008

珠海 (Zhu Hai) shopping!

Today we left Casa Real Hotel taking a free shuttle service to the ferry terminal from which we took another free shuttle service to The Venetian.

We arrived at the west wing of The Venetian and were wowed by the grandness n elegance of the resort. Deposited our 17 pieces of luggage as it wasn't time for check in yet, n Irene led us to take a shuttle bus to the customs to cross over to 珠海. I couldn't find much info about this city online but Irene reccommended it for it's good n cheap food. After crossing the customs, we found ourselves at a big square at the basement which reminded me of the busy n chaotic train station at 航州 but it was much cleaner n orderly here.

Irene said there was a lot of shopping that could be done here. I was highly doubtful as I could only see a while network of small shops selling counterfeit goods like louis vuitton, gucci and tons of RMB 5 'Mont Blanc' pens.

Yan and mum were injected with a double shot of excitement seeing cheap leggings, pyjamas, erm, panties, n some clothings. Andrew, dad n I left them to gather their buys.

The only shops I can recognize here are KFC n Ajisen Ramen. Alas, I tot, we have almost 6 hours to burn. And so we wondered around and emerged on street level to take a look at their local wet market area.

After looking at the mall directory, I suggested that we look for the bookstore available there which I knew dad will love. Before that was discovered, I chanced upon a sports shop selling badminton n tennis rackets, etc. AND, violins! They were damn cheap and sounded pretty decent too. After lunch, I went back to get one for only SGD70. Happy was I and still am. After months of procrastination, I finally gotten my violin!

There were still about 4 hours before we met the rest for dinner. I noticed an area that was promoted as the new shopping experience at basement 2. Desperate for something interesting, we went down.

Now i got excited, for I saw this was a much much more upmarket n trendy zone. Just at the 2nd shop I saw, I bought a LED clock I have been wanting to buy in singapore and it was selling at at least SGD20 cheaper here! Then I also bought a nice shirt for SGD16. Damage done, as Andrew said. There were 2 bags that i took a liking for. Both are imitations la but I was bought over by their designs n quality. After much hoggling, I decided on a Porter bag, painfully leaving the agnis. b behind. My money was all gone by then. We went back up and finally found the bookstore n dad complained we if only we found it earlier. He bought a stack of books tho. And I bought 2 DVDs: Cape No. 7 and this apparently aj themed City Without Baseball.

After meeting the rest at 5pm, they decided to shop for another 3 hours before taking dinner. Yan was eager to go to basement 2. And I managed to convince my mum that the agnis. b bag is a good buy too. And I got it! :P two bags, 1 shirt n a clock.

We didn't get to taste the cheap seafood as promoted by Irene cuz it would require us to walk some distance so we just settled for a s restaurant there.

We finally checked into The Venetian and it was 4 to one room. It was a suite actually and man, it was gorgeously luxurious.

We retired for the day and planned briefly for our hong kong excursion.


trv on iPhone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home