Sunday, April 17, 2005

?

I dun understand.

Do i really sound bad? Why is Xane not supportive of me going for it? All of a sudden it became a lame thing. I'm just imitating the singers whose songs i sing. I have no originality. What the f**k? So why was he like so happy for Dot who has passed it? So he was just putting on an act? What did he mean by i sing with more passion when singing in chorale? its all singing. music has no boundaries. I know he doesn't appreciate or even dun like Chinese music but the has no right to say that its lame what.

I understand there are non-pop songs and why ppl say those songs by Coldplay, Maroon5 , etc are good compositions and i agree they are great songs too. But that doesn't mean pop songs are crap either! Jay Chou's songs are definitely great, and there are songs written with feelings and passion too. Singers who don't write their own songs doesn't mean they are bad singers. Songs not written by the singers doesn't mean they are bad songs. There are just ppl who can write music but can't sing, and can sing but can't write. There are pop songs with really sensitive,expressive and abstract lyrics. that i really appreciate. He said i should write my own songs, pls, i would have done so i had known how to. he said i should go for singing classses, pls, if i had $$, i would have taken up the classes long time when Dot started hers.

It was just so bloody insulting to comment that what i'm going to do or that my dream and passion is lame. You can dun support me, but u have no rite to insult wat i do. I dunno how to appreciate DJing, the mixing and scratching but i've never pass it off as lame and stupid. I even told him where he can sign up for courses on it. How can he actually say such a discouraging thing to me? It wasn't an advice, it was an opinion, a very negative and bluntly presented one, to the extend of rudeness.

I won't give up. With his words, all the more i want to go and try. I may not succeed, but i'll try.

So hurt, so insulted, so degraded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home